The Study in Australia:
Australia is an independent western democracy with a population of more than 22 million.Australia is the only nation that cover up an entire continent. It is the sixth largest country in the world. It is the largest island in the world. Australia is the world’s urbanized country. 70% of the population lives in the largest cities. Australia has emerged as a global education powerhouse with long-term opportunities.Australia is also considered by most of the international students other than US, UK, and Canada. Australian culture is as broad and the country’s landscape. Majority of Australia experiences temperate weather. Australia is an island continent and the sixth largest country between the Indian and Pacific ocean.Universities in Australia ranks amongst top 50 in the world.courses like engineering and technology, life sciences, physical sciences, and clinical courses are top-ranked in these universities. The Australian government has aimed at building a truly internationalised education system that is research-oriented challenges of the future. Almost 57% of Australia are people from many countries with more than 260 languages are spoken across Australia. It also offers a wide range of courses which has also attracted many international students across the globe. Australia has five best cities in the world for students out of the 30 cities. The surprising thing to note about Australia s education is that now more than 2.5 million former international students have made difference by becoming the world d finest minds. In fact, it has also produced 15 Nobel laureates. Australia is also ranked consistently as the most liveable country in the world.
Why is it important to study in Australia
1.High Standard of Learning: Australian universities are one of the finest universities in the world. universities have trained and qualified teachers along with specialist teachers in subject areas. Australian universities offer a wide range of courses and degrees. These courses are offered from a preparatory level to postgraduate programs that are flexible.
- Cost of Living: The standard of living is highest in the world when it is compared to other countries. However, expenses and tuition costs are considered are low.
- Beautiful Scenery: Australia has the beautiful white sand beaches. The beautiful coastlines with outback of the modern cities are unique scenery. Australia is also home to a few animals like kangaroos, koala, and wombats etc. Australia has the largest Great Barrier Reef in Queensland. Thus making Australia one of the most preferred tourism spot for many tourists around the globe.
- Global Acceptance: Students who are interested choose Australian universities as they offer strong research, humanities, education, and sciences. Graduates from Australian are universities have high international reputation due to the Australian education system. competition into the universities is high in Australia as it has also proven record of academic excellence.
- Multicultural Society:People in Australia are extremely friendly and kind of love for sports, food, and entertainment. It is also safe for any international student. Since Australia is mixed up with several people belonging to different countries there is wide cultural diversity that is welcomed in the country. International students get adjusted to the Australian way of life very soon. Cities like Melbourne and Sydney are fantastic places which have modern art museums and beautiful city parks. There are also many festivals which are celebrated by Australian people which attract people from all around the world.
6.English Speaking Country: International students prefer Australia as one of their study destinations as they don’t have to face language barriers as people in Australia predominantly speak English as their main language. The courses are also taught in English medium so any international student who can converse fluently in English can opt for studying in Australia.
Australia has the best universities which offer high-quality education. Australia is known for the eight universities.
- Australian National University
- Monash University
- University of Adelaide
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales
- The University of Queensland
- University of Sydney
- University of Western Australia
University of Melbourne:
The University of Melbourne is the oldest university in Australia which is over 160 years old, and also leads in terms of research .This University has also outstanding courses in fields of medicine, engineering, life sciences, and social sciences.
Australian National University
The Australian National University was established initially for research oriented courses in the country. Currently around 55% of its students have enrolled in programs for graduate courses and research oriented degrees.
University of Sydney:
The University of Sydney which is located in the city was ranked by the QS as one of the best student cities.
University of Queensland:
The University of Queensland is also one such university that is continuously ranked top in world rankings because of its strong research attempts in fields of medicine, technology and science.
Monash University is the largest university in Australia according to student number with more than 60,000 students. Apart from the campuses in Australia, the university also has several campuses located in Malaysia, China,Italy and India.
University of New South Wales:
This University which is ranked 45th in the QS World University. It is also leader in research field when compared to other Australian Universities. In the year 2015, it was awarded the highest amount of funds from the Australian Research Council. Based on a list which was issued by the financial times 2014 this university proves to be one of the highest providers in MBA education.
University of Western Australia:
This public university is the sixth oldest university in Australia, that offers research oriented courses. This university is the first to adopt separate degrees for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.The university has also proved to be exceptionally good in the fields like psychology,education and marine sciences.
University of Adelaide:
This Public University in the country is the world’s most preferred research-oriented universities around the world which is offered around $ 180 million funds annually. It has excelled in the fields like environmental science,engineering, mathematics and computer science.
Macquarie University which is located in Sydney is top university which provides courses in earth sciences, physical sciences and environmental sciences.
University of Newcastle
Newcastle University which is around 50 years old is ranked at 1st position in the country. This also has several campuses in other countries like Singapore,Sydney CBD and Port Macquaire.
Top Courses in Australia :
- The University of Technology in Sydney(UTS)- Bachelors in Business Management.
- Macquarie University-Bachelors in Applied Finance along with Bachelors in Commerce.
- Business Management:
- The University of South Australia-Bachelors in Business.
- Monash University-Bachelor of Business.
- University of New South Wales- Bachelors in Medicine/surgery
- Charles Sturt University-Bachelors of Medical Radiation Science and Nuclear Science.
- Law :
- Bond University-Bachelors in Business Law
- University of Wollongong-Bachelors of Commerce(Business Law)
- University of Southern Queensland-Associate degree in Engineering.
- University of Melbourne-Bachelors of Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science and IT :
- University of New South Wales-Bachelor of Science
- Charles Sturt University: Bachelors in Computer Science.
7.Creative Arts and Design:
- The University of Wollongong-Bachelors in Creative Arts.
- Bachelors of Creative Arts(Visual Arts and Design)
HOW TO APPLY :
- Primarily the choice of course and university for the student has to been taken into consideration. Therefore research carefully according to the choice of your subject which you want to study.
- Application process: after choosing your respective courses and universities the student must apply for the course. but before applying you must also look out for language and academic requirements for every university. international students can apply both online and offline via post directly to the university.
- Most of the courses have two intakes every year – February and July.
Multiple intakes are also available- September and November
Application for all courses starts 6 months before the application date.
- Majority of Universities require students to obtain a minimum score of 6.0 to 6.5 in IELTS for undergraduate courses and 6.5 or above for postgraduate courses.
- Pearson Test for English academic score is accepted by universities are 50-58 for undergraduate courses and 59-64 for postgraduate courses.
- Many universities are also known to accept a minimum of 60-90 in TOEFL internet-based test.
Academic Requirements for UG:
- Minimum requirement 65% in 12th or 60% in diploma.
- Minimum IELTS/PTE academic scores as specified by the universities.
Academic Requirements for Post Graduate Courses:
- To apply for a masters degree in Australia the student must have 16 years of formal education.
- The applicant must have a minimum of first class qualification in an undergraduate degree.
- Minimum of IELT/PTE academic scores as specified by the Universities.
- Some universities require work experience for courses like MBA.
MBA in Australia:
Australia prominent country for international students due to the quality of education that the universities in the country offer especially to those who want to pursue management studies.
Universities in Australia offer real-time applications and knowledge to the students which are essential for business. MBA in Australia also provides an opportunity to enhance the career of every student who wishes to pursue their masters in business administration. MBA in Australia offers a lot of specialized courses like MBA in investment banking, MBA in pharmacy management, MBA people management, MBA facility management etc.
List of Top Business Schools in Australia.
- 1.University of New South Wales
- Macquarie School of Management
- Melbourne Business School, Sydney
- University of Queensland Business School.
- Government Scholarships
- Australia award scholarship
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
- University of Sydney International Research Scholarships
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Melbourne Research Scholarships
- Adelaide Scholarships International
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- Australian Government Research Training Program