Canada is the country situated in the North American continent and shares the border with the USA. It is the second largest country after Russia in terms of land mass. Canada is also home to a large number of lakes on Earth. Canada is also a popular destination for thousands of students to study abroad as it is also ranked as the” best place to live” and “best study to study”. It is also known for the sparsely populated country despite being the second largest country in the world. Canada is the land of natural beauty. Canada is the world’s most educated country having more than half of the population has a college degree. Canada is the most market-based economy. It is a peaceful, politically stable and safe country for students.
Canada best place to study know why??
- Quality Education: Most students opt to study in Canada because of the quality of Canadian education. University Diplomas are recognised around the world. Canadian education system encourages the cross-disciplinary knowledge and development of transferable skills like critical thinking, teamwork, and communication.
- English speaking nation: Students opt to study in Canada because it’s one of the countries in the world was English is spoken mostly by the people. Although people in Canada speak French the majority of people living in Canada can speak English very well. If learning French is difficult students can survive in Canada with their English communication skills.
- Top Ranked Universities: many universities in Canada are high academic performance and employ ability rate. A total of 26 Universities in Canada feature in QS WORLD RANKING out of which three are in the top 50 s in world and 11 more ranking world’s top 300.
- Work and study option: International students in Canada are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week during school terms and full-time during scheduled breaks like summer vacation. Students don’t need a work permit to work while they study; Students are allowed to work off campus.
- High visa success rate: success rate for visa interview to Canada is high as the majority of the students migrate to Canada for their higher education.
- Easy permanent residency: Canada is a sparsely populated country due to which getting a permanent residency is easy as the countries accept many international students from all around the world.
Top Ranked Universities:
1. Queen’s University
2.The University of Calgary
4.The University of Waterloo
5.Université de Montréal
7.University of Alberta
8.The University of British Columbia
10.University of Toronto
Education System :
The education system in Canada is both publicly funded and private schools. Education is provincial under Canada constitution there are significant differences in the education system of different provinces. Education is important to all the people in Canada, therefore, the standards across the country are uniform.
Both Universities and Colleges pays attention to the degree courses, diplomas and certifications. Generally the graduate degree courses are of three levels :
- Bachelors level: three to four years of study.
- Masters level: two years of study.
- Doctorate level: five years of study with research.
For professional courses like Law, Medicine,Social work and Education the country issues work placement license to practice.
Top 10 most valuable degree in Canada.
- Civil Engineering
- Specialized Engineering
- Business Administration
- Software Engineering
- Petroleum or Chemical Engineering
- Management Sciences.
How To Apply:
Here are a few steps which will help you to apply for a Canadian university.
submission of the application:
Identify the institutions and colleges which offer the courses of your choice and apply for that particular course through the university website directly.
For any course to apply in Canada the universities have their own requirements in order to select the suitable candidates for the course. The basic requirement is that the candidate should possess minimum of Bachelors degree or good academic marks in the secondary level.
The candidate is required to have the supporting documents like the mark sheets of 10th, 12th and degree if its for post graduate courses.
Students from others countries are required to demonstrate the english speaking proficiency as the minimum entry requirement for any courses in any universities.
there are many Canadian Universities, Institutions which offer wide range of courses even if your language proficiency test score is insufficient.
Canada is divided into different provinces based on the education system. therefore its important that the student should be aware of the different application process in different provinces. the student can apply directly to the university.
Universities fix a particular date as a deadline for the applications this also varies from university to university therefore its important that the student applies for that course from eight to twelve months prior.
If you have been selected for the course then initially you will have to apply for study permit if your course duration is more than 6 months in Canada.
Application can be submitted via online or submit it directly to that Canadian University.The details about the study for international students can be found on the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
In order to study in Quebec the student must possess a certificate of acceptance of Quebec(CAQ). further information can be found online.
The student must be financial sound inorder to pay the tuition fees , living expenses and transportation.For some cases its also important to have medical insurance for the student.
The student must be law abiding therefore no criminal record.
Working in Canada :
Full time international students are permitted to work part time basis which consists of 20 hours in a week while the course is in progress and are free to work 40 hours during the breaks.
Students who have enrolled for full time courses are only issues work permit in order to work therefore to those students who wish to work must obtain Social Insurance Number(SIN).
Diploma and Certificate courses:
- CAEL(Canadian Academic English Language)-overall band score 60.
- Pearson Test of English-51+
- ITEP(International Test of English Proficiency)-3.7+
- CAEL- overall band score 60, writing 60.
- Pearson Test of English-58+
- CAEL-overall band score 70, writing score 60.
- Pearson Test of English-60+
Masters in Business Administration(MBA):
Being one of the topmost destination to pursue higher education. Canada also tops the list of providing the business related courses like the MBA .This study thus provides the in depth details about the business world and also about the industrial skills to manage the tasks of the dynamic business environment.
Benefits of pursuing MBA in Canada:
- MBA colleges in Canada are recognized colleges which offer courses at affordable costs.
- student visa and Admissions procedures are simple.
- To understand the business world the institutions have aims to increase the knowledge for the students.
- Curriculum of the course has internships as part of the course in order to provide real time experience for the students.
Admission Requirements for pursuing MBA in Canada
Students must fulfil basic eligibility criteria:-
Undergraduate Diploma / Degree
- formal education
- School documents or certificates.
- mathematics in 12th grade is mandatory.
- english proficiency score like IELTS orTOEFL.
Post Graduate Degree / Diploma
- A bachelor’s degree from institution.
- relevant work experience.
- English proficiency score like IELTS / TOEFL.
- GMAT score
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $15,000
- Postgraduate Masters Degree – $10,000 to $16,000
Admission requirements for Master’s in Canada
Bachelor’s degree from reputed University.
English proficiency scores like IELTS or TOEFL.
GMAT /GRE test scores based on course requirement.
Study permit conditions change very often, for any visa related queries check IRCC website.
IRCC websites provides details regarding the visa requirements to study in Canada.
List of Documents for visa
- Valid Passport.
- Two passport size photographs
- Letter of acceptance
- Fees receipt issued by the university.
- Any relevant correspondence with the institution
- Financial documents
- 10th, 12th or college documents
- IELTS/TOEFL Test scores
- Work experience certificate
- Submit application (online through IRCC website or paper submission at VFS offices for Canada
Scholarships in Canada:
Canadian Government and institutions offer some financial aid to international students coming to study in Canadian institutions.
Canadian Government Scholarships are:
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program
- IDRC Research Awards
- NSERC Postgraduate scholarships
- Organization of American States (OAS) Academic Scholarship Program
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
Non-governmental scholarships to study in Canada are:
- Anne Vallee Ecological Fund
- Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships