A study in France:
The largest country in Western Europe bordered with six countries with nations like Germany, Belgium, Switerzland, Italy, Spain, and Luxembourg. It is also called the hexagon. France has a very diverse landscape like the beaches, rivers and towering mountains. One of the oldest nation on earth. France is also one of the states which provide free education to all children. Around 85% of schools in France are public schools.
French grading system is extremely tough in schools. France has the world’s largest economies. France is also home for more than 75 million tourists every year making it the most visited country. There are more than 300,000 international students in France.
Why study in France:
The valid point on why France should be your dream destination to study abroad.
- Higher Education System: France had the best education system in the worlds that are more accessible with relatively cheap tuition fees than the other European countries. French universities have also outstanding research and development opportunities for international students. The French universities also offer both full time and part time basis courses in their institutions for international students. Courses also vary from one institution to another institution. France has 3,500 institutions of higher education. Many of the top universities are located in France.
- Cost of Living and Low Tuition Fees: French universities attract international students is mainly due to their low tuition rates. French offer courses to international students at less tuition when compared to other European countries. Cost of living in France is also cheaper and affordable for any international student to live.
- Post Study Work: After the completion of the studies in France you are eligible for temporary work permit this varies from course to course. If you have completed your masters then you eligible for 24 months of post-study.
- Part-time job: Students can work part-time basis while they are studying at the university. The Number of hours the students can work during the university is 20 hours and during the vacations, they can work up to 40 hours, which is exactly 964 hours per year. A minimum wage of 7.67 Euros is been paid per hour to the students which can be somewhere 7,500 Euros per year.
5.Headquarters for Top Companies: France is the headquarters for many companies like the st place: AXA Group, Total, BNP Paribas, EDF, Peugeot, Renault, Christian Dior, VINCI, Saint-Gobain, Sanofi.
TOP UNIVERSITIES IN FRANCE:
- École des Ponts ParisTech.
- Université Paris-Sud 11.
- Sciences Po.
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon.
- Sorbonne University.
- Ecole Polytechnique (ParisTech)
- Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University (PSL)
There are basically three levels of University in France:
- License(L1, L2, L3): it’s for an undergraduate degree.
- Master’s (M1, M2): It’s a graduate degree for the period of study for 2 years.
- Doctorate: It is awarded for study which lasts for more than 3years or totals of 8 years.
- Management: MBA is the top course which is opted by the international students, there are 9 institutes which offer MBA course in Europe, one such college is situated in France. The top Business schools in France are INSEAD, HEC Paris, ESSEC Business School, Grenoble Graduate School Of Business, EDHEC Business School.
- Pure Science: France is the home of a large number of noble prizes in Chemistry and physics. Courses in pure science have produced the best chemists and physicists in the world. the country also has a strong research base for biological sciences and pharmacy. These are the list of 6 universities that offer this course like the Universite Paris-sud, ECOLE Polytechnique, Ecole Normale Superieure, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Joseph Fourier, and Universite de Strasbourg.
- Engineering: Indians are the highest number of engineering graduates who will pursue masters in engineering. France has also been one of the major destinations for engineering graduates around the world due to the available opportunities after studying. Here is the list of the universities that provide courses in engineering like Ecole Centrale de Lyon, Ecole Polytechnique, Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Lyon, Ecole Centrale de Paris and Grenoble INP, Grenoble Institute of Technology.
- Philosophy: France has not only produced many noble laureates but also many philosophers in the world. A student who wants to pursue masters in philosophy will have to apply in the three universities in France which offer the course like the Universite Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne, Ecole normale superieure, Paris and Universite Paris- Sorbonne.
- Culinary Arts: this course, however, provides practical knowledge to the students.
- Fashion Designing: there are also many top fashion institutes in Paris which offers this course for students who are willing to pursue their career in fashion designing. Ecole de la chamber Syndicale, ESMOD and Institute Marangoni are the top universities to offer the course in fashion designing in France.
How to Apply :
Application process differs depending upon the country :
- EU and EEA students can apply to the university directly.
- Non-EU/EEA students can apply via an online application system known as CEF.
Documents for the Application process:
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Passport or ID card
- Copies of graduation diplomas
- Registration fee that varies from university and course.
- Cover letter
- French and English Language certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Minimum of two letters of Recommendations.
Academic requirements for Undergraduate courses:
- Minimum of 70% and above in XII is required and for Diploma course minimum of 60% is required.
- English Language requirements i.e IELTS-6.5 TOEFL.
Academic requirements for Postgraduate courses :
1 a minimum of 60% in Bachelors degree.
2 a minimum of 6.5 scores in IELTS.
- Minimum scores in GRE and GMAT if the student opts for MBA courses.
- Work experience is required in the related field of study.
- TCF( Test de Connaissance du Francais- a test of knowledge of French )
- Le TEF( Test da Evaluation de francais- French Assessment test)
- IELTS And TOEFL scores are mandatory.
- GMAT and GRE are required if the student wants to apply for MBA course.
The application process is different according to the country origin
- Application of the university along with the photo identification.
- Transcripts of high school or diploma course.
- Some universities may require an essay about the course in which the student is interested to apply.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
NON- EU APPLICANTS:
- Copy of the passport along with the two passport size photographs.
- Proof of educational certificates like the high school or diploma course certificates.
- Copy of the birth certificate.
- Proof of sufficient funds to meet your expenses during the course of the study.
Visa Requirements :
- Passport minimum of three months validity.
- Two recent size photographs.
- Cover letter
- Travel Insurance Policy
- Copy of flight tickets
- Proof of Accommodation
- Financial sufficiency proof.
Top Scholarships for International students :
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarships
- Ecole Normale Superieure Selection
- Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon
- Emily Boutmy Scholarships at Sciences Po University
- Universite de Lyon Masters Scholarships
- Universite Paris-Saclay International Masters Scholarships
- Grenoble Institute of Technology Foundation Scholarships
- INSEAD MBA scholarships.