Trinity College is one of the seven ancient Irish Universities located in Ireland. This college was founded in the year 1592 by Queen Elizabeth I. The college was considered to be one of the most prestigious colleges in Ireland. It’s also top-ranked university in Ireland under QS method and it is ranked 104th in the world and under education world university its ranked 117th. Trinity’s 42-acre college campus is situated in the heart of the capital city Dublin. Trinity’s college library consists of 5 million books amongst which even the most famous book of Kells is also present. The students of the college have the access to view the book of Kells which is termed to be Ireland’s Finest National Treasure. The ancient manuscript has four gospels that are displayed in the College’s Old Library since 1661. Many famous personalities are proud alumina of this Institution like Oscar Wilde, Samuel Beckett, Theobald Wolfe Tone, Henry Grattan, and President Mary Robinson. Around 17,000 students enroll for undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the following fields like business, science, engineering, health sciences, and law.
- Front Arch– The area where you can walk through directly from Dame street into the campus.
- Book of Kells– an Ancient manuscript that contains four Gospels of the New Testament together with introductory of texts and tables.
- Campanile: Sir Charles Lanyon was the architect who built the Campanile bell. It is the bell tower with the most historic landmark in the college.
- Library Square: This Quadrangle is 265 feet in length and 214 feet in breadth. Three sides of the Library Square is occupied with Brick Building, Apartments etc and the last side is a building which is formed by fine granite.
- Dining Hall: Richard Cassels designed and built the Dining hall in the year the 1740s.
- Museum Building: A palazzo style model structure with Lombardo-Romanesque with highly decorated over 180 carved capitals. The interior of the hallway and the staircases are the most impressive.
- Berkeley Library: This library was designed and built by the renowned Architect Paul Koralek
- Douglas Hyde Gallery: This room has many art paintings and photography.
- Chapel: George III’s architect had designed and completed in the year 1798.
- 2018-2019 -Trinity College of Dublin was ranked at 1st for academic and employer reputation for international students.
- 104th rank in world QS 2018
- 117th World 2018
- 45th International Outlook 2018
- Ranked in the top 50 in Four subjects and Top 100 in 16 subject areas QS 2018
Why study at Trinity College:
- Topmost University: In the past 425 years this college has developed a very good reputation as an established institution that offers world-class education and has also been ranked continuously as one of the Top most Universities in Ireland.
- High-quality education: Trinity College strongly believes in educating students to the leaders in different aspects like intellectual, social, cultural, economic and political life. Education at Trinity is beyond the classroom thereby encouraging the students to be the part of other extracurricular activities and also by extending internships options with multiple industry partners.
- Research oriented at primary level: Trinity is also a proud member of the prestigious League of 22 European Research Universities (LERU) and also committed to providing excellent education and research. Trinity has improved the standards of learning and innovation which have led to acquiring 50% of the European Research funds. Disciplines like biology, business, engineering, and social policy are the major areas of intensive research-oriented courses at Trinity.
- Career Path: Trinity has inculcated certain skills like confidence and capability to enhance and build a career in many fields and industries to address any challenges. The education system that’s followed at Trinity equips the students to develop valuable transferable skills.
- Numerous of Scholarships:The Government of Ireland scholarships: The government of Ireland offers scholarships for students from non-EEA countries with good academic scores and caliber to study in Ireland. The HEA will award the scholarship fund of 10,000 euros to the students for one year of study.
This scholarship can also be awarded:
- Final year student of the undergraduate programmes
- One year masters degree students
- One year research programme students.
Business Studies Scholarships: The students awarded funds valued at 5,000 Euro for the first year only.
Claddagh Scholarship Programme: These scholarships are valued at 2,500 and 5,000 Euros each.
Foundation Scholarship: These scholarships are awarded to senior-freshman which is valued at 6,000 Euros per year.
Global Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships: These scholarships are valued at 5,000 Euros each for the first year of study.
India Undergraduate Scholarships: This Scholarship is valued up to 5,000 Euro each.
Sports Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded for national and international standard athletes. This financial contribution is from 750 to 1500 Euros for the workshops, fitness testing, and physiological assessments.
USA Undergraduate: The number of scholarships is valued at 10,000 Euros each for the first and second year of study only.
Global Study Abroad Excellence Scholarships: This scholarship is awarded for a semester or year for a student to study abroad who has academic excellence in any field of study. This scholarship is valued at 2,000 Euros.
STEM Study Abroad Scholarships: This scholarship is valued at 2,000 Euros.
Trinity College Dublin Generation Study Abroad Travel Grant: This scholarship is valued at 2,000 Euros.
- A wide range of courses for all disciplines:
There are approximately 400 undergraduate and postgraduate courses along with research options in the fields of Arts, Engineering, Science, Humanities and Social and Health Sciences.
This top international center is also the world leader in Nanotechnology, Immunology, Information Technology, Engineering, Politics, and Psychology.
- IELTS- grade 6.5
- TOEFL- 230 computer based
- 570 Paper-based
- 88- Internet-based
- Cambridge Certificate –Grade C of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate- Grade C of Proficiency in English
- Pearson language test- minimum score of 63.